The Ascension Community Trust is a Charitable Company, Limited by Guarantee (Charity No. 1091887; Company No. 4184090) established in 2002.
It has grown out of the established and well-respected community work done by the Ascension Church Centre. The Ascension Community Trust’s Charitable Objects are:
- The relief of poverty, hardship, or distress particularly (though not by way of limitation) amongst the elderly;
- The advancement of religion;
- The advancement of education including (though not by way of limitation) the provision of training in skills relevant to securing employment;
- The preservation and protection of public health;
- The promotion of any other charitable purpose.
The Ascension Community Trust aims to provide imaginative and sometimes risky local services to cover gaps in mainstream provisions, particularly for the young, the elderly, and the hard to reach.